August 23, 2005

My Efforts...


The story of my website <www.khokonz.tk> starts some time in the middle of June 2003. When I decided to do something for my classmates, friends, and myself. After the final exam of BBA Program of Dhaka University, I have worked for World Bank and USAID Projects. I have realized that I am loosing communication to my classmates, friends day by day.

When I started MBA Program in July 2003 at Dhaka University, I have come to know that some of my classmates, friends are living abroad (USA, UK, Canada, Sweden, Japan, Australia) for higher studies. I decided to use Phones and Emails for communication.

As I am writing poems and short stories from my college life, some newspapers and magazines publishes that & my friends are always encourages time to time. So, I feel encourage to begin my website to integrate my classmates, friends forever.

As a self-learner, I have learned how to make a website by Front Page, HTML, Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, Fireworks, Dream-weaver etc. I have passed many times by searching free stuff’s at Google, Yahoo and Microsoft. It was in the September of 2003 that I finally launched my websites by Free Hosting Site at <www.khokonz.4t.com>.

Finding the information regarding friends was an arduous task. Someone doesn't have Email ID, Phones etc, someone doesn't know how to use PC and NET etc. However, the journey continued.

Somewhere, in the beginning of the year 2005, I have decided to start Group Email at <4batch_finance_banking@googlegroups.com> for better integration. Less then 2 months, my all Group members (Finance and Banking Dept.) were shown tremendous responses.

It was sometime in February 2005 that I came up with the idea of coordinating the entire Friendships database and bringing it into one platform. It can be the perfect sense!

My mission was to represent the entire classmates (4th Batch, Finance & Banking Dept. DU) in one common platform accessible from all over the world. It's primary objectives are: Contact Phones, Email IDs, Pictures, Career Profiles and Recent News.

Importantly, when I come to know that my classmates, friends are getting right information at the right time around the world. I just feel happy.

Let the Friendship go on and on…

Khorshed Khokon, MBA

No comments: